Why be an Intern with FCA?
The primary goal of the FCA Internship experience is to develop the intern's understanding of his/her individual calling to ministry and introduce them to the possibility of living out a calling to ministry through a career with FCA.
Who can intern for FCA?
The FCA Pennsylvania Internship Program is a two-month long program for any student enrolled in college who has a desire to explore a Full-Time Staff position with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. The internship is lead by the Pennsylvania Staff and involves serving in many different capacities. Internship highlights include a 1-week intensive training on FCA and Leadership, attending and serving at multiple regional and local sports camps and championing a project that fits his/her passion within sports ministry.
What are the Requirements?
- Any student enrolled in college (recent graduate may apply if enrolled in post secondary school)
- Strong desire to serve on FCA Staff Full-Time
- Letter of recommendation from Local FCA Staff and/or MLA approved Volunteer
- Play a college sport and/or past FCA involvement on campus
Is there Compensation?
For the two-month Internship Program, participants can earn up to $2,400. Part of the process of interning with FCA is to understand how nonprofit ministry operates. As staff members, we are required to raise our salary, as well as funds to cover administrative costs and any ministry resources/activities. As part of the Internship Program, you will contact people in your community, friends, family members, and mentors to ask them to join in your efforts to raise financial support for the summer. The support you raise will be your paycheck up to the allotted amount. Any extra support you raise will go into supporting FCA as a ministry and helping other future members of the Internship Program as well as cover the expenses created beyond the salary, such as: merchandise, training, retreat expenses, postage and administrative costs.
- Summer (May 20th-August 2nd)
- Educational focus through training and experiential learning
- Training in discipleship, FCA ministry, being a healthy follower of Jesus, leadership, and discerning their calling.
- Enhanced by educational experiences through serving in volunteer roles.
- Intern will complete a Ministry Impact Report and end of service review of their experience.
- Confirmed by FCA staff through documentation of process and certificate of completion.